Friday, February 28, 2014

All About Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss and His Books

I love Dr. Seuss books.  I can still remember my mother reading "Are You My Mother" to me when I was 4 or 5 years old.  My mom wore a scarf on her head, over her curlers, so she reminded me of the mother bird in the story and my mom's maiden name is Bird.  (I think it's why she liked this book so much.)  My mother now has Alzheimer's and I have read it to her a few times, reminding her that she read it to me when I was a child.  I've also read this same book to my own children and students for years.  All I can say is Hip, Hip, Hooray for Dr. Seuss Day - Sunday, March 2 (National Read Across America Day) or (Dr. Seuss Day) 2014.
--Laura


The following is contributed by  a "must visit" site for book lovers and librarians.
Cover art of The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
 

The Amazing Dr. Seuss

Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss) and his children's books have had a lasting impact on children's literature. If you'd like to know more about this extraordinary man and his books, from his groundbreaking beginning readers The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham to his extraordinary picture books, take a look the resources listed below:

Theodor Seuss Geisel

Dr. Seuss Books

Related Dr. Seuss Features

1 comment:

Dose Pharmacy said...

Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...